Monday, October 10, 2011

World Mental Health Day

Dr. L (my therapist) said there’d be days like this. I’m careening rapidly toward a major meltdown. I didn’t sleep well, I have a headache, we’re short-staffed, I forgot to refill my Prozac and the phones will. not. stop. ringing.


Naturally, this makes it the perfect time to talk about World Mental Health Day. I’m grateful to live in a country where people are encouraged to seek help and that my insurance covers most of my care. I can see a therapist every two weeks and generic Prozac is fairly inexpensive.

Yes, my insurance company makes me jump through hoops to get the care I need and I can’t go as often as I’d like, but I’ve got it pretty good. Things could be much, much worse for me and I’m gateful for what I have.

I blog for World Mental Health Day

No comments:

Post a Comment